Saturday 17 March 2012

Ottolenghi (London)

Today was shopping day in London (or should I say window shopping). So after walking around Oxford street and Covent Garden, me and my friends ended at a very good catering place called Ottolenghi. I got that address from a French friend who loves good food, and I thought I should share it with you as well.

The one we went to was near Hyde Park and was mostly selling take away food. There is only one table inside, so if you want to sit there you should be patient.. or lucky!

I did not try the meals but they seemed really nice. I'll let you look at the picture:



However, we did try the cakes and none of us was disappointed! The prices are perfectly reasonnable considering the quality of the food (around £6) for a tea with a pastry.



I had a White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake pie and honestly... it was amazing! I also tasted my friends' pastries and i would definitely give a high mark to the Apple cake with maple icing. The cake was very good but the icing was sooo delicious! I wish I could steal the recipe from them.


Anyways, everyone seemed happy with this tea-time break and I will definitely go back there to taste their carrot cake (is it going to compete with the one from Rottingdean?!)


Ottolenghi
13 Motcomb Street
London SW1X 8LB
02078 232707

No comments:

Post a Comment