Wednesday 15 February 2012

British bands you need to listen to!

At the beginning of my blog, I was mentioning the quality of British music. I think it is time to mention some bands I particularly love nowadays. I will spare you the speech on all those mythic British bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones or Queen that everyone knows.

First, let me talk about I Blame Coco! Coco Sumner also known as Sting's daughter released her first album in 2010. When you hear it, you can immediately see the link with Sting's music. There is something in common but I could not explain what it is. I'll let you judge with the following video ;). I've seen her live in Paris and it was quite nice! However, she's is into her music and does not communicate that much with her public. But maybe it is related to the French audience, which is a lot less enthusiastic than the British one.




Another artist that I discovered at the same time is Marina and the Diamonds. She's pretty famous in the UK, but unfortunately not enough in France. Her music is very eclectic, going from keyboard-based ballads to more up-tempo new wave songs. She cited various musical influences such as Kylie Minogue, PJ Harvey or even Nirvana. That is why we can hear very different types of songs in the same album. I really liked the first album (The Family Jewels) but I was disappointed by the change of style of her second album (Electra Heart). It is very pop and electro and the ballads I used to like are missing. I posted below one of her first single I am not a robot. I've seen her live in France and in England, and its confirmed the idea that the British audience is a lot better than the French one!







No comments:

Post a Comment